Hello to the reading world!
Let’s start off with the intro questions!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Liverpool, UK! This is my first readathon from here. In fact – trivia, last year one of my ‘tell about yourself’ things was a mention of a move to the UK – and now here I am!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The one that just got added to it – Farewell, My Lovely, a crime novel by Raymond Chandler featuring Philip Marlowe, who drinks ridiculous amounts of coffee.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Everything that has CAFFEINE!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My name is Maria, to friends I’m Noxy, and my writing alias, Maria Stanislav, is a tribute to my grandfather, who is one of the most inspiring people I know. I recently finished my first novel, titled Coffee and Gasoline, a mix of adventure and romance set in a post-apocalyptic America. Both of its protagonists now permanently live in my head, often making me do crazy things I otherwise wouldn’t.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This will be the first time I’ll do my best to stay up for all 24 hours. My first year, I was ill, and on the second, needed to get some sleep to rest my vocal chords before a singing class. This year, I am going for the hardcore option. Wooo!
Now, to read! I start with Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere.